Spring has Sprung! So get outdoors and enjoy it! This is one of my favorite seasons and the activities to enjoy during this time of year are endless, especially in the 'Burgh! Here are some tips to enjoy Spring.
Top Ten Spring Activities in Pittsburgh:
1. Phipps Conservatory: This is one of my favorite places to go, year round, but it is especially beautiful this time of year. And going on now through April 11, Phipps is featuring the Spring Flower Show.
2. The Carnegie Museum of Natural History: After being cooped up all winter it feels good to get out of the house and one great place to go is the museum. Escape from everyday life and explore the past. The dinosaur exhibit is amazing and now through May 2, you can explore the history of the fascinating creature, the whale.
3. Ohiopyle State Park: This is one of the most beautiful state parks in Western PA. Taking a drive up to Ohiopyle is a great way to spend a family weekend or just to get away for a day trip. Their are several hiking, biking and equestrian trials to explore and other activities, such as White Water Rafting.
4. Indoor Rock Climbing: Pennsylvania has several indoor rock climbing facilities but one of the more popular ones is The Climbing Wall, located at 7501 Penn Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15208. This is the 'Burgh's premiere climbing gym.
5. The Pittsburgh Zoo: The is a great place to go when the weather starts to warm up. April is VisionWorks month at the Zoo, donate a pair of old prescription glasses that are in reasonable condition, with the lenses intact and receive free, same-day admission!
6. City of Pittsburgh Marathon: Start training now if you want to participate in the Pittsburgh Marathon this Spring on May 2.
7. 18th Annual Race for The Cure: Honor victims and survivors of breast cancer and raise awareness on May 9.
8. Pittsburgh Wine Festival: This is one of the biggest and most popular wine festivals in the country. The festival takes place from May 1 to May 6.
9. Kennywood Park: Kick off the amusement park season at Kennywood. The park will be open on May 8, 9, 15 and 16 and daily after May 20 through August 24. Don't miss out on Kennywood's new coaster and other Spring events!
10. Picnic at Station Square: This is one of my boyfriend and my favorite places to picnic. The marina at Station Square is a romantic escape with a great view of the city and one of the perfect 'Burgh spring destinations.